Waxing Poetic

Friday, February 06, 2009 / Posted by Bodhi /

I've been posting for quite a bit now. I first started back in 2004 when I had just finished my first trip to SEA. Of course that trip was supposed to have been a little two month around Asia trip between jobs, to find myself some, to figure out my head some more, and to get a little enthusiasm back in me to tackle my great professional career that was to come. It didn't come. I didn't leave. I didn't travel the great expanse of Asia. I didn't cover South East Asia. I got to Cambodia. And I didn't leave. For a year.

Of course that life wasn't feasible, being only in my late 20's and all. At the start of a pretty promising career. Burned out before it even began. But regardless still at the start.

So I had to leave the jungles, park my beloved bike, leave my beloved girls. Say goodbye. With stars in my eyes, and a yearning in my gut. I left. Back to the world. And if you care enough to glance back through these pages, through the archives of my new blog laid out here before you. You will find the start of my blogging life, way back in the summer of 2004. You'll have to deal with the (Originally Posted) tags, since all those old posts were froma collection of emails, other blog sites, etc. All collected now here in one place for you enjoyment. Thank me later.

I've been blogging for a long time, in blogging years, I guess. But never out in the open. For all eyes to see. It's mostly been for friends and family. The occasional blog over the years when I've gone somewhere new. Seen something out of the ordinary. Done something extraordinary. My life has always been about travel, so it's easy to do a travel blog when you see places in your normal travels that most people only see on the news.

But I think I want something new here. Something which I can keep. In one place. Somewhere where I can lay down my thoughts, irrespective of where I've been this day, irrespective of if it's interesting, with disrespect of who might be reading. I've always done my limited blogs with always the presence of mind of who might be reading... what should I say, how will it be read? Whatever. I want to write, for me. For myself. And not worry about the punctuation, the analysis, the judgement, whatever. Just for me.

I've got lot's of time at the moment. It's funny how the more time you have, the more time you have to pour your heart out. It's a fact of life I'm now well, well aware of. When you are living your life, you couldn't be bothered with telling others (friends, family, strangers) about how you are living. When you are dreaming about living your life, you find yourself strangely driven to put your words down for others to see. It used to be everyone wanted to write a great Novel. Now it's the great Blog.

Times change. People do not. My life is now on pause. Hence you are fortunate enough to be subjected to my onslaught of words for the foreseeable future. At least until I get a life again that is. If you choose to stick around, we might become friends.

Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment