South Africa - Still Here (Originally Posted Dec 8, 2006)

Thursday, February 05, 2009 / Posted by Bodhi /

Funny how this two week little trip has now turned into just my life, pretty much. It's kinda funny how I've compartmentalized my life to the point where I can go anywhere in the world on a minutes notice with a tiny little suitcase, and where I lay my head becomes my home. My hotel is in the swankiest part of Joburg has turned from a nice weeklong holiday into my home sweet home.

It's quite the hotel this place. About a week ago I was out by the pool on a Saturday afternoon having a beer with a couple work guys, and who sits down next to us? Only Richard Branson, the Virgin guy. I used to hang out at the Virgin MegaStore in Times Square when I lived in New York. Now I'm sitting right next to the guy drinking a beer and having small talk. Cool guy, totally unpretentious and all he could talk about was his new venture in South Africa where they've gotten the government to allow them to get customers to switch from the other networks to them with their old phone numbers. Ed asked him about his spaceship that he was building, and he was big on the whole space tourism thing.

Week before Cherie Blair, the British Prime Ministers wife, was poolside and my friend Lisa had a big talk with her. Other than that there was some British soap opera stars, and also Beyonce was here with Jay Z, but I didn't see her. I looked. A lot, but she must have stuck in her room.

Here's some shots from my balcony of the summer lightening here in Joburg. Pretty amazing storms.





Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment