Thailand Summer Trip (Originally Posted Aug 29, 2006)

Thursday, February 05, 2009 / Posted by Bodhi /

A quick update here.  I took off four weeks from work to head to Canada to see the fam and do some UK visa stuff.  Surprise best moment of the year came up when my mother decided she wanted to accompany me on my visa business trip to Ottawa.  I've spent zero time alone with my mom, pretty much ever.  But this was something which was priceless.  Time alone with your mother, where you get to know your mother.  It's something that you know, a bond that you feel, but it's never brought about into the light of day how important it its.  This trip brought it out, and I couldn't believe how amazingly cool my mother is.  I love her, I respect her for how she raised us.  She is the most important person in the world to me.  On equal footing with my dad of course.  But this trip really showed me how much of a person she was, away from the mother stereo-types.  My mother is damn cool.


We had a pint of beer in a real Irish pub in Ottawa.  We wandered around downtown Ottawa and tried to sneak into a summer outdoor music festival.  And my mom was up for sneaking in.  Amazing.  And we bunked in a top hotel, and finished my UK visa, and drove back to Markham.

Back in the UK with my UK visa worked out, me and my bro decided to do a short thai trip.  We'd done the Europe long weekend trips a lot, so I wanted to show him where I truly loved to be.  So we had about two and a half weeks in Thailand. Mostly the point of the trip was to do the paperwork for my new beachside condo which was just finished, two years after buying the thing off plan. So I signed the papers and still have about two weeks until the land department will do the inspection and sign over the title deeds. For the rest of the trip we headed down to Koh Toa for some diving, over to Koh Phanghan for some biking and the Full Moon Party, then back north for some partying and off to the airport. Great trip, but it's now done and back to work.   Back in the UK and missing Thailand.  Like usual.

Went to Creamfields in northern England this weekend with the bro and partied with 50,000 of the UK's finest. It was like every one of the best parties with the best DJ's you've ever been to, in one place, in one night. Pretty amazing.

Two more weeks of work here in London, then moving back to 'Madchester', or well, Knutsford, whch is close to Manchester. Just watched '24 Hour Party People' tonight which chronicled the rise of the Manchester scene from punk through to the rave scene, through to what it is now. I can say from a few party weekends there that it's a cool town with a whole lot of history. Probably have a lot more to say in the next few months....

Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment