Indonesian Beach Life (Originally Posted May 4, 2005)

Saturday, January 21, 2006 / Posted by Bodhi /

So I need to take off some time from travelling to do some travelling. Travel for work, travel for fun, at least I get to lie on the beach and keep my laptop packed up in my suitcase.


So I spent two days in Bintan essentially just lying on the beach and snorkelling. Not a bad way to work the smog out of the lungs after living the big city life for a week. Fresh air, blue sea, and nothing to do except check my email once a day for word on my next job. Not a bad life I must say.

But every good thing must come to an end. I had to submit my invoice and expenses for this month so I had to get back to Singapore to pick up all my receipts which were stored in my suitcase that I've been leaving at my hotel here in the city. So now today, which is Thursday I've sent them off via mail to London and my work is done for the moment. I've got to check out here since it's already 12:30 and I don't need to pay for another day in this expensive hotel.


Now the decision is where to go next. I could hang around here until they give me final word on a contract in Franfurt and one in Captown which are coming up. Or I could head back to Indonesia since it's only 45 minutes away by ferry, or I could check out flights to Thailand to go and check on my condo and how work is progressing. I think I'll go for the latter since I've head flights from Singapore to Bangkok are dirt cheap. That way I'll have the weekend in Thailand, and if things work out I'll be able to fly directly to my next job from Bangkok, then use my return flight back to Singapore for the scheduled job on the 23rd.

I still remember a time when I used to be nervous about flying. Now it's nothing more than a trip to the corner store to hop on a plane and fly a couple hours over to Bangkok.

Well, better run before they kick me out...

Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment