Heilbronn, Germany (Originally Posted July 19, 2005)

Saturday, January 21, 2006 / Posted by Bodhi /

So where am I now? Last update was somewhere in Asia on the tail end of a contract and the far end of a holiday. Then came a well deserved break back home to collect my thoughts. Dinners with the family, days on the beach, parties back home with old highschool friends, moments on the rock, a little grounding per say. Then over far too soon, and then back on the plane. I'd report more, but this is my "travel blog" and moments at home are private and off the record.

So this week I'm resident in a little town on the edge of Bavaria called Heilbronn. A small, out of the way place that didn't even register on Google as being worth noting. A search on this place reveals a few wine sites and not a lot else.

Not a whole lot to report this update as I've only been here for about ten days now and that time has consisted pretty much of going to work going to dinner, going to bed. I had a free weekend off in that time, but that was pretty much taken up by work, dinner and bed. Not to say that my life is that boring, or predictable.
But right now I figure I spent the last four months working about quarter time and justifying the rest in vacation, so now is the time for banking the hours and making some cash. Justifying time on the beach is easy when the sun is shining and you can always charge a few hours a day sitting on the beach, but that doesn't make for a big invoice at the end of the month.

So despite how beautiful Heilbronn is (despite the fact that it got bombed to the ground in WW2 according to the client who took us to dinner last night), I didn't get a whole lot of touristing in this week. Tomorrow I have to finish up and do the client closing meeting, then I'm catching a ride with the other consultant to Stuttgart airport to catch our 6:20 flight to Heathrow, then on to Newcastle.

The two English guys I've been working with have been doing the Jordie accent, or whatever they call the Newcastle people. It's right below the Scottish border and they say they are really tough people. Or at least I've heard the girls on Friday brave the cold winds that blow down from Scotland in little tiny skirts. The UK guys on the team seem to be excited to go, so I guess we'll see.


Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment