Halloween in the Castro (Originally Posted November 6, 2005)

Saturday, January 21, 2006 / Posted by Bodhi /

Life is a strange, strange thing. It's funny sometimes when you sit back and look around, and look out the window and think about where you've ended up in this life. You fill up the days with work and lunch and coffee breaks and the clock ticking down, and playing interested, and staring out the window, and holding on to focus, focus is wandering, take a breath, two more meetings, mental picture of a hazy beach, ok, half hour left, everyone leaving the office, and you can finally breathe, and the short walk home to this place, which is now home... and how the hell did I end up in this place. Let alone this view.

Saturday night and I'm feeling introspective. It was a good day and the workweek is done. Time to enjoy this great city by the sea, and enjoy the downtime. It was a busy week and work and the pressure is starting to pile up as the deadlines approach. But the work is manageable and deadlines are always make to be broken. Especially when you're working in the audit department and you write the controls that others have to live by.

I had a great day today exploring the city. It was farmers market morning just outside my new apartment down by the ferry terminal market. Stocked up on Organic produce. Not cheap, but I'll be eating veggies for a few weeks. I was told that Prince William and Camilla would be stopping by the farmers market, so I figured I would go Organic and support my local farmers. Support the little man working on the family farm, screw the littleler man not lucky enough to be part of the land of the free and home of the subsidized. But Prince Charles is here pushing Organic produce and his equally bland partner. I guess everyone, even a prince, needs a cause. But then I found out the visit and speech wasn't until Monday. So my morning plans were thrown a bit. But I still managed to head down to the Mission district and sample the "best" Burrito in San Francisco and it was pretty memorable. Big I guess, and good as far as Mexican.

I had a great Halloween night out partying in the Castro. I went out with my Aussie workmate and I figured partying in the gay district of SF we got mistaken for a couple more than once. But it was a great party and the final count was over 300,000 by the time we left. We left early by about 11pm since we had to work the next day, but the party went on all night. I got a few good pictures, but was told the crazy stuff went off after we left. There were a few weird scenes in the windows of the local apartments, but I couldn't get a clear pic in the dark from my new camera. Still trying to figure the new camera settings out.

So tomorrow I'm booked on a bus tour of Sonoma and Napa Valley for wine tasting at 5 different wineries. I'm in with three friends from work and we get to check out the top wineries in California. Should be a lot of fun, and we'll get buzzed in the afternoon, wich is always a good thing.

Tomorrow and next week is gonna be a busy one, so early to bed tonight (on a Saturday night, how sad is that).

Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment