Hump Day

Thursday, February 02, 2006 / Posted by Bodhi /

Ok, it's Wednesday. Hump day. Middle of the week. Only two more days to go till the weekend.

Pretty standard week this week. The new job has turned into a pretty decent little contract. This is the first time that I've actually worked as part of a large corporate Internal Audit team and it's amazing to see how it works. Audit by trade involves a ton of travel, and the consulting side of it is pretty much all travel. But I never really thought that the permanent staff doing this would be the same.

The internal audit department is essentially a row of desks with monitors and laptop cradles. So no one owns a desk. You just sit down wherever there is an empty desk and plug your laptop in. Everyone splits their time between three or four offices, from the south coast to London to the midlands to the north. Kinda cool because it's easy to do in the UK, since the country is so small that you can move around and still not be more than a few hours from home. So every day I go into work I don't know half the people there, and once I get to know someone, they're more than likely gone the next day. So today I go in and out of the usual 20 people, there's 3. I thought for a second I screwed up and came in an hour early. But nope, just the crazy life of an auditor. Auditors are crazy. Really.

I was out last Sunday morning and pretty much took only one pic of these Canada geese that seemed to be kicking themselves that they flew all the way from Canada only to find out that the water is frozen here in the UK the same. Although this was the first pond freeze of the year that I've seen here. But it's bloody cold now and today it dropped below zero for the first time during the daytime. Too cold for me.

Anyways, life is good and nothing much new to report. Just working hard, making money and working on the well rounded physique.


Bodhi

0 comments:

Post a Comment